There are 4 reading passages to complete in this session.
- Romulus and Remus is about two orphan boys who were raised by a she-wolf.
- Tarzan of the Apes is about a baby boy who was raised by an ape.
- The Wild Life is about the First Nations people of North America.
- Culture Shock is about the various stages of culture shock and how people are affected during each stage.
For each reading activity:
- Open the Website given below.
- Read the questions first.
- Once you press "Start the Exercise" the passage will appear on the left with a timer. The timer starts straight away. If the time runs out before you are finished reading, the passage disappears and a message on the right saying "Your Time is Over" appears and a button which says "Try Again" which you will have to click to see the passage again.
- It would be better to read the passage first and then answer the questions.
- For passages 1 to 3, once you click on your answer, it will tell you whether or not you are correct. For passage 4, you must complete all the questions first then click "Check my answers" to find out which, if any, answers were wrong.
- Please record the number of questions you answered correctly for each passage after your first attempt at answering the questions.
Student's Name: ____________________
Total Correct: _____ / 3
Total Correct: _____ / 5
Total Correct: _____ / 6
Total Correct: _____/ 6
If you would like to do more activities related to these reading passages, you can either:
- click on "Go back to contents" after the questions for each passage and this gives you a list of writing or grammar exercises.
- Or go to this Website:
This page is also available in PDF format.